Are you a cinema addict between 18-25, speak English fluently, love writing and you have great communication skills? Here’s your chance to go to the Venice Film Festival! Apply to join 26 other young jurors. 27 TIMES CINEMA* invites 27 young European filmgoers to attend the 2020 Venice Film Festival as Jury Members of the Giornate degli Autori selection. Deadline: June 2nd.
Who can participate?
- Film lovers aged between 18 and 25,
- Excellent English skills (reading, written and spoken) are required,
- Good ability to write articles and blogs,
- Active on Socials (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Snapchat),
- With skills in podcasting, blogging, video editing, photographing or any other communication tools
What happens if you’re the lucky one?
You win a flight ticket to Venice and get free accommodation in the Lido where the festival takes place. You’ll be offered a free festival accreditation (giving also priority access to the Giornate degli Autori screenings).
How to participate?
- Fill and send the online application form,
- Film a video in which you explain what you love in cinema. Start the video saying “Cinema for me is…” Make it fun and original!
- Shoot it in English
- In high resolution (Full HD: 1920×1080 px) and with excellent audio
- Duration: 30 seconds
- The video should contain the following information: Name and country of origin.
Take a look to the Europa Cinemas’ Vimeo channel to check out previous year’s examples.
E-mail your application form and video (via WeTransfer) to email@example.com, and we will select the best 3 candidates and send those applications to Europa Cinemas. Deadline: Tuesday, June 2nd.
IMPORTANT: You should commit yourself to:
- Be present in Venice before the start of the festival from Tuesday 1st of September to Sunday 13th September 2020 (festival dates: September 2nd – 12th),
- Be a jury member for the films competing for the Giornate degli Autori. A festival accreditation (giving priority access to screenings of the Giornate degli Autori) will be provided,
- Take part in round tables, discussions, masterclasses and workshops focused on improving your communication skills as influencer and social animator so that they could be actively involved in raising the awareness on the new LUX audience award,
- Contribute to the Europa Cinemas website and social networks,
- Use the following months after the festival to promote and spread the new LUX Prize – European Audience Film Award using the tools learned in Venice and their own capacity in terms of networking and established web community,
- Participate in events organized in the frame of the LUX Prize – European Audience Film Award (mainly January-May of the following year).
*Co-organised by the European Parliament, the LUX Prize, the Giornate degli Autori and Europa Cinemas, 27 Times Cinema aims to promote shared values and cultural diversity through cinema among young people.
For further information about this initiative please visit: http://www.luxprize.eu/28-times-cinema http://www.venice-days.com/ http://www.europa-cinemas.org/Les-actions/28-Times-Cinema–http://webreporters.cineuropa.org/ https://europa-cinemas-blog.org/about/28-times-cinema